Activity: How to Make a Seed Packet
It's so easy and fun to fold your own origami seed packets! All you need is a square piece of paper, and a little tape or a glue stick.
For a better visual of how to fold a seed packet, check out this week's video.
1. Start with a square piece of paper. Fold it in half diagonally, so the folded side is facing you.
2. Fold the right corner up and over so it meets the opposite edge.
3. Do the same with the left corner. Both corners should line up along the top edge.
4. There should be two triangles at the top. Fold one down and secure it with a small piece of tape or a dab of glue.
5. You should now have a little envelope that you can fill with seeds! When it's full, close the envelope by folding down the second triangle at the top, and securing with a piece of tape.
Don't forget to label your seeds! Some good information to include is:
Name of the plant and variety
Any planting instructions if you know them (spacing, seed depth)
Tip: If you have old paper bags, reuse them by cutting them into squares and using the paper for your seed packets. You can also use newspaper, or colorful seed catalogs!