Harvest of the Month: Dry Beans
- 1 cup chickpea flour, sifted
- *See below on how to make your own 3 tbl olive oil (or avocado oil / melted coconut oil)
- 4.5 tbl maple syrup
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla Pinch of salt
*Homemade chickpea flour: Blend dried chickpeas in a blender on high until fine powder forms. Sift into a bowl. Place the remining pieces that didn’t sift back into the blender and blend again until fine. Store in an air tight container.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix together with a spatula or your hands until well combined and you can form into a dough ball. Dough should be sticky and wet.
- Place the ball of dough onto a sheet of baking paper. Place another sheet of baking paper on top and using a rolling pin, roll out as thin as possible. The thinner the dough, the lighter and crunchier the cracker.
- Carefully remove the top layer of baking paper and slide the bottom baking paper and dough onto a baking sheet. With a knife or pizza cutter, score the dough into little squares or triangles.
- Bake in the oven for 6-10 minutes until golden around the edges.
- Watch closely depending on the thickness of your cracker. Let cool for a few minutes and start snackin’!
- These are also delicious served as a healthy cereal with some cold milk. Store in an air tight container for a couple of weeks.