Gabrielle Chronister. Follow Gaby on Instagram for delicious, healthy recipes @healthy.gabrielle
Recipe of Week 1: Avocado Egg Salad
Let's celebrate the end of March with a Harvest of the Month Recipe: Avocado Egg Salad by Chef Gabrielle Chronister!
AVOCADO EGG SALAD:
1 medium ripe avocado
4 hard-boiled eggs
2 celery sticks, finely chopped
1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1.5 teaspoon dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt & black pepper
- Place the avocado in a medium bowl and mash well with a fork. Set aside.
- Peel and roughly chop your hard-boiled eggs. When peeling the eggs, it helps to roll the egg on the counter back and forth until it is covered in cracks. Then run it under cold water while you peel. As the water gets under the membrane it will get easier to peel.
- Once peeled and chopped, add the eggs to the bowl with the mashed avocado.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix with a fork.
- Salt to taste and enjoy on some toasted bread with your favorite fixings, add to a salad, or serve in romaine lettuce wraps with pickled jalapeños and sprouts!
SHARE WITH US
Tag us on social media @islandgrowninitiative or with the hashtag #IslandGrown to show us your Avocado Egg Salad!